Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cicero!

'My sister, Veronica, and I
had this double act
and my husband, Charlie,
traveled around with us.
Now, for the last number in our act
We did these 20 acrobatic tricks in a row.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five...
Splits, spread eagles,
Back flips, flip flops,
One right after the other.
Well, this one night we were down at the hotel Cicero,
The three of us,
Boozin' and
Havin' a few laughs
When we run out of ice.
So I went out to get some.
I come back, open the door
and there's Veronica and
Charlie doing Number Seventeen-
The spread eagle.

Well, I was in such a state of shock,
I completely blacked out.
I can't remember a thing.
It wasn't until later,
When I was washing the blood off my hands
I EVEN KNEW THEY WERE DEAD.'

(Cell Block Tango, part 05)

No comments:

Post a Comment