Monday, June 28, 2010

Shh... It's Showtime!

I am hours away until my 22nd birthday.
I don't know how I'm supposed to behave. Should I be glad? I'm getting... NO! Not old, but more experienced, right?! That's how it's called nowadays.
Still, I'm having this vague feeling that the inner child is letting go. Or that, hell no!, I might be kicking her so that I can go and live my adult life!
I think my biggest wish for my up-coming 22nd B'day is to remain as much kid as possible. And to find HIM. Oh, wouldn't that be a thrill?
I think that, as childish as I may act, I still want that feeling. The rush. The emotion. The butterflies in the stomach. Heart pounding... absolutely can't swallow... that sort of thing.
... and years after, I want to be able to say that the phrase most people know, "Be careful what you wish for, 'cause you might just get it!" was true in my case.
So... "Here's to the guy who'll win me, the losers who've lost me, and the lucky bastards I've yet to meet."

No comments:

Post a Comment