Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Favorite Mistake

The first one came… And it was all I needed, at least at that moment. It was great... first few encounters, jokes, songs, tickling... and that was it. I fell. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I fell. I did what I was told. I let myself carried away. Unfortunately, and here comes the sad part, I fell alone. And there was no one there to catch me and break my fall. And I don’t know how many signs a person needs in order to realize that some things just weren’t meant to be. I sure know I need a lot of them.
Then the next one came… and there was more action than I'd hoped for. Or dreamed of. It was exactly what I needed, again, at that particular time. But that was that. Only action. Nothing more, nothing less.
The third one came right after it. But I knew it was no good. For I had received the same crazy suggestion… to let myself carried away. But this one knew my first and when I said that I had received the same ‘friendly advice’, this one said that I it must have been swept away by a tornado… or a tidal wave. The perfect storm. Yes, I admitted. Because it blasted me… it shattered me into pieces and it will take some time until I’m ready to believe again.
But the forth one... Oh, the forth one... came all over me... all I needed, and some more. The question remains in my head, though... Is this enough to get me through the day? Because for all I care… It might just do the trick. I want to believe… and it all sounds too good to be true, that’s what scares me. But I also need TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment